Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sha Nell.


Oh look, my blog is still here! Despite the fact that I have gone like a week? two weeks? without divulging my inner wisdom on the internet community. Eeeeeeeep.

WHATEVS DNTJUDGE COS I'M HEAPS SYK.

Except I actually am. I had to go off this medication and now I'm in withdrawal (OMGURSOLOOSEURSOLOOSE). But don't be freakin. But I am freakin' because my head keeps going round and round, so for like two days I've had that song in my head 'You spin me round right round right round' as well as 'I'm spinnin around, move out of my way'. Yeah. So. Now who's feeling guilty.

ANYWAY.

Every time Chanel produces a fashion line I have this seasonal freak out. I like to refer to it as my 'seasonal freak out' (hahawot). And this year, I really truly deeply madly thought my fears were confirmed. I mean, when I saw these pants I was a nervous wreck (I think it's because Karl is like my best best best best friend ever and I just do nottt want to see him fail. Yaknow!)

But there was this sweet sweet retribution.

Frankly I just couldn't get into these shoes. And I feel really bad about it.


AND THEN KARL WAS LIKE "I'M KINDA BORED, MAYBE I'LL TRY OUT THE OVERSIZED SWEATER?" AND THEN HE NAILS IT. JUST CASUALLY. COMPLETELY OWNING IT.


ARE YOU SEEING THIS DETAIL? I DON'T THINK YOU ARE OR YOU WOULD BE SCREAMING/CRYING.




OH MY GOD. These two coats are so dsj;lfkadsldfjkfad. Like that's it. You just cannot even describe it. Can you imagine feeling this? CAN YOU IMAGINE IT. I am trying really really hard not to talk in capitals now. AND AM FAILING.



"Hmm maybe I'll just try some equestrian style?" NAILS IT. How would you feel John?
KIDDING. YOU'RE SO GREAT. I LOVED THE DIOR SPRING COUTURE. PLEASE CAN WE STILL BE  FRIENDS? I am so ashamed. But I'm not going to delete it.



This one is my favourite. Are you kidding me with this detail? That is an actual row of flowers. With rufflage (yeah it's a technical term..) And tassleding (another technical term, please keep up). I kind of can't keep staring at it. And of course Anja is wearing it like no-big-deal. But you know what Anja. Big deal. REALLY REALLY BIG DEAL.



Oh look I'm Karl Lagerfeld and I've NEVER done a high neck that wasn't AMAZING. (Marrry meeeeee) But seriously I'm actually starting to weep.



This is a different dress, but I wanted to show a close up of the magnificence that is Lagerfeld.

I honestly think Karl has outdone himself. I cannot get over the massively oversized jackets and jumpers and that detail; the equestrian piece and the overcoats are so straight forward and it's all about shape and profile and then you get to the dresses and tops and it's like this intricate weave and all these different directions and all the diffferent elements of sewing! (ruffles, tassles, tweed, fur) And the accessories!

I just want to own every piece of this collection and lie in it and then lock it in a huge glass box where I can keep it eternal forever. (This is actually one of the least creepy things I've said, because who doesn't want that?  MAYBE ANJA.)

Anyway I think I need to stop blogging about this and go to sleep so I can dream about it. 
BAIIIIII.

No comments:

Post a Comment